Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Pseudo First Day Back @ Uni

Pseudo first day back at uni today, because I was sick the past few days.

It was good. It really does feel great to be doing stuff again, and unnecessarily (more or less) stressing myself out. About studies, about errands I have to run, and definitely about people.

"People are the most important" - quote from the first lecture I had today. Haha. Terry and I were talking during the second lecture and we decided that the majority of the accidents and stuff under 'patient safety' isn't really because of incompetence of the doctor. But it's more like the miscommunication which causes all these things to happen. And it's unfair really, to blame one person. Miscommunication occurs really easily. Say, 2 people talk at the same time and what you hear is kind of distorted, but you think you hear one thing when actually your friend is saying something else. But in your head, what you hear him say is exactly what you 'think' he said, so you have no reason to doubt what he said. Then you go off and do your thing and the next thing you know, a patient is dead and you and your friend is fired. It's tough, and I think to a certain extent, it's rather unfair.

Miscommunication KILLS, like how smoking kills. Was also discussing about smoking and addiction with Terry. How you should quit kind of when you're ahead of the game. When you're not addicted, I mean. Because if you imagine how much money you could save by not buying ciggies, then that's like... If we're assuming that each cig pack costs Rm6, so 6X7 is RM42/week. Then that's like RM168/month. Which is a pair of jeans. Or a new perfume. Or lots of sweets.

So smoking isn't worth it. And also in the long term, think about how many diseases you can get because of smoking; COPD - Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease. Under this would be things like emphysema, lung cancer, chronic bronchitis. How much more money would you need to spend on healthcare when you end up with these kind of diseases? Okay now I'm kind of just targeting the smokers, but it's really unfair to people around you - what you're doing to their bodies due to second hand smoke. And also it's unfair to your parents, who have raised you and given you your body and your consciousness etc, and you're just smoking it all away. And I'm not Christian, which is why I didn't say God gave you your body or something like that.

Which reminds me, R is really nice. When I was sick, she said she would pray for me. Aww :( And the next day (today) she asked how I was feeling. Aww. I honestly think that if you take a general population of Christians, they are just very nice and friendly and giving.

Had a pretty friendly conversation with the CSU nurses today with Lisa and Ann haha. Which was totally different from the conversation I had with one of the nurses on Monday when I was late and wearing big earrings. Grr frightening! Can't remember any of their names though, thanks short-term memory!!

Have to buy:

  1. Tendon hammer
  2. Pen torch
  3. Rulers x 2
There was a time when my have to buy list would have solely consisted of fashion and cosmetic products. How things have changed...



Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]