Monday, July 19, 2010

The Naked Scientist

I'd like to ramble about something that I've recently rediscovered. I used to enjoy their podcasts loads, and have stopped listening to them since IMU has started. Probably because my brain could only process so much haha. Anyway I played them again today, and I forgot how funny and witty they are, plus how much you can really learn from just driving from home to school (which takes me about 30 minutes btw, battling through the malaysian drivers and their lack of etiquette.)

Anyway, so today they were discussing why birds fly into glass/windows. And why they would do it repetitively. It goes like this roughly:

"Apparently they do this for a number of reasons. One is because they don't actually see the glass and they see a pretty room with floral wallpaper and they fly into the window. The second is because it's maybe a territorial thing. They see their reflection in the glass and they fly towards it to defend their territory. They're actually just attacking themselves. This usually happens during the frisky season, when they are trying to mate with lady birds."
"They should actually mate with other birds, because ladybirds are a bit small for birds to mate with, aren't they?"
"Female birds, thank you, Chris."

HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

So whenever you need an intellectual pick me up, I suggest The Naked Scientist.

Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]