Sunday, July 18, 2010

i want to hug music

It's such a pity that music isn't huggable. How nice would it be to be able to hug music? Or just be able to see colour where music is. That condition called Synesthesia sounds pretty freaking awesome. I think I watched a tv episode or something that had that condition.

Went to the MPO tonight, which is where all this originates from. I swear there were actually tears in my eyes at some points - it was that beautiful! Mostly because it was so joyous, and it's amazing how music can evoke those kind of feelings. Screw Jasper from the Twilight saga, despite his awesome powers, he's got no hold over what music and orchestras can do!

What the universe tells me.
I don't have the programme booklet, gave it to Ian. But I do remember there being 6 movements and all of them were more or less fantastic. Even more so when the soprano and the choirs started singing. Although I do wish that they sang more. Kind of disappointed me a little bit there.

The chamber itself is gorgeous!! There are lights shining everywhere, and they look like little diamonds on the curved ceiling, and all the people were dressed so super dapper. Despite Ian and I thinking that we were going to be overdressed, we weren't at all. In fact I myself was a little bit underdressed. :P

The lights shone off the brass instruments, and if you shut your eyes, the music feels as if it's coming from everywhere but also perhaps at the same time, nowhere at all. It doesn't really start or stop, and when it does, you kind of feel like it's been there all the time. Well, I felt like that anyway.

Some violinists were really passionate, as in their whole body was moving to the music. I swear this guy would rub his foot before each movement or something just for luck. He was the solo violinist. This one chick was moving so much it looked like she could just up and fall off her chair haha. Moving their heads to the music, tapping their feet to the beat.

No idea what the drummers were doing though, cause they kept putting their head down to the drum, as if trying to ... listen to it? Or something.

I really do wish that I took up either the saxophone or the flute. I would be so competent in it right now (maybe I could be part of the orchestra)! But on a totally serious note, I really did want to learn how to play those instruments years and years ago.

To end on a frustrating note, the people that were sitting near us - a guy and girl, spent the entire time talking and flirting and the guy just wouldn't stop burping and touching and feeling and the girl's lip gloss was so god damn shiny, the lights were bouncing off her lips 360. Mental.

Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]