Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Gossip Girl

I still wasn't feeling really well today so I didn't go to Uni.. thank goodness I have an MC (that I just found). So I spent the whole day watching tv. I mean not like I really expected myself to do much else - sorry to disappoint folks. Well I might do a bit of reading later on.. but.. HA yeah as if.

So I finished season finales to 2 series today: Grey's Anatomy and Gossip Girl.

It's pretty crazy. I feel like I've watched so much my brain is spinning a little bit. But that's what happens when you get addicted. I thought I'd never know what real addiction feels like, but I guess this is it. I guess. Once you start, you can't seem to stop, except to eat of course. And showering is optional. But at least it doesn't seem as bad as smoking or drinking! There's no such condition as addicted to TV. I mean, it's not real anyway. Is it?

Grey's Anatomy season finale was AMAZING. Action packed and dramatic and totally worth watching. I'm so glad I've started watching Grey's. Tbh I don't know why I was kind of against it anyway. There was always some kind of choice that people made, between Grey's and House. And since I started watching House first, I thought it was pretty awesome and I was all House and no Grey's. But then I haven't even finished the House season and I've really caught up with Grey's in a matter of months.

Well this isn't what I wanted to talk about today, I wanted to say that Gossip Girl has gotten sooo bad. The only reason why I finished it today, was because I kind of felt super fashion deprived. Not that it helped, cause Jenny kind of looked like she was all over the place, and this one time there was this close-up of her and I cringed. Oh wait that isn't really a fashion thing anymore. Well, nah, just too much make up really isn't good. But I'm not one to be hating.. However!! I really thought that they could have done a better job with Gossip Girl. Josh Schwartz directed The O.C. and I thought that was really good. There was a much wider kind of scope to it, and not everyone slept with the same person. Like, really?

I mean in Gossip Girl, everyone's had a thing with everybody else! It's demented. I think it should follow The O.C. a little bit and introduce more characters. Not have characters continually recur. And they should all stop sleeping with each other and they have to stop being so dramatic about every little thing. And I could probably never end this rant but I really should. But seriously, it just gets a little bit too boring and safe.

So when I watched the last few minutes of the season finale of season 3, I was slightly impressed with how they really very slightly pushed the boundaries with Chuck. But it's still nothing compared with thinking out of the box plots like with Grey's Anatomy.

But still, really. Who am I to complain? It's still very entertaining and they've done a good job on it all. Not like I can do any better, but it started off much better and perhaps I had higher expectations after reading the books.

Labels:


Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]