Friday, November 13, 2009

socialized

Met loads of new people today, some of Lun's friends, some dance club people (who are just really amazing, super respect for them), and also a few random people from the ECA recognition event 2009 :)

Why is it that speakers always feel a need to make all their words, even the small words, seem so important and hence talk ultra slowly?
Is it because they just feel superior to all those little kiddies in the lecture hall and feel the need to impart wisdom. Because I've spotted a trend that all those kind of people who give a short speech (which end up 15 minutes longer usually) always ALWAYS give advice and say stuff like, "This is not JUST a paper," which actually signifies something so much more.
Metawhores are all the rage these days. I mean metaphors.

Something else I noticed-
Despite already being full after having a few spoonfuls, people feel obliged to finish everything on their plate.
The brain works in weeeeird ways. I guess you should just get a smaller plate and discipline yourself to eat. Because after you take a few bites and you wait about 10 minutes, the food will settle in your stomach and your brain will be sent a message that you're not hungry anymore and you'll lose your appetite. But if you eat everything in one go, it'll need time to settle in your stomach and in another 10 minutes after you've stuffed your face you'll go, "OMFGWTFBBQCNN I am so full to the max yo girlfriend, I can't believe I ate so much, goddamn I'm damn fat, I need to go on a diet and stop eating and vomit all my food out, BRB babe."
Okay no I don't actually know people like that, and I'm certainly not like that (thank goodness).. but I know people with eating disorders and it's very uncool.
Was just talking about this with Ming today.

Oh noooo, my cousin who lives with me just came home and she lost her phone in the cinema. I left my phone there once - I'm very careless actually and pretty disorganized and irresponsible haha - but luckily I managed to get it back.

Was at the cafeteria having some refreshments after the ECA Recognition Event 2009, and all my friends have already left. So it was just me and a circle of guys in front of me. Thank goodness for small miracles, they asked me to join them and my next half hour wasn't very shabby at all.
It would be nice if more people were open and easy going like that.

Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]